Tuesday, April 16, 2013

GUESS WHAT!

HIVE! YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TELL YOU, BUT I'M TELLING YOU ANYWAY! And I'm going to stop yelling at you now, I just wanted to make sure I had your attention. ;)

I'm not sure where here on the 'Bee I've mentioned that we weren't going to take a honeymoon. I know I've said it on other bee's posts, and I've definitely said it on the boards, but I'm not sure I ever actually blogged about it. We decided long ago that since we were only paying for a portion of the wedding, we would skip our honeymoon in order to save up for a home.

While totally practical, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit bummed that we were going to be skipping the honeymoon trip. Of course we can always go on a vacation later, but in my eyes, that just wasn't the same as a honeymoon. It would be a vacation. ....Hopefully that makes sense to someone other than myself. Anyway, this would come up whenever I was upset about planning. It would take over whatever current concern I had, and I would stew over the fact that we weren't going on a trip.

BUT, then the unthinkable happened - my FIL's surprised us with a mini-moon! EEEEEEK! Where are we going? Well you might recognize this:
Photo via Instagram user @nandobastos

Or, maybe this:
Photo via Instagram user @kaypee2point0

Orrrr, perhaps this one?
Photo via Instagram user @allaboutemm

Yes, we're going to Chicago! After an early breakfast to say goodbye to our OOT family and friends, we'll be making the three hour trip to Chicago for a couple days of sight seeing and relaxation. I've never been to Chicago, so I'm absolutely thrilled to go! And of course, I'm incredibly grateful for my FIL's for being so kind as to send us on a little mini-moon.

We'll have most of the day Sunday and all day Monday to go to all the best Chicago places. So where to, hive? I already have Sprinkles and Zara, two of my favorites that don't exist on Indiana, on the list, but those aren't exactly Chicago tourist things. So where should the Otters go!?

No comments:

Post a Comment