Monday, January 28, 2013

The Invitation Reveal!

The time has come, hive! I'm revealing our invitations today! But before I do, I have to do two things.

First, if you're doing the math in your head thinking "But, Otter, it's only the end of January. Why are you sending your invitation so early?" Well hive, by now it has already happened, but on the day we went to get our invitations weighed, we were informed that postage rates were about to go up. While we had to put the extra amount on the return RSVP card, I wasn't paying for extra postage to delay sending the invitations by a couple of weeks. Instead, out they went! Plus, as not everyone is lucky enough to have the great job that I have, I was concerned that some individuals may not be able to get the time off if we didn't let them know more specific details sooner rather than later.

Second, yes, I'm a giant nerd. So I went ahead and made Mr. Otter stop and take a photo of me with the sample invitation before we went in to the post office.


If you'll first remember our invitation inspiration and the final product, you'll remember these photos:

The Otter Invitations: Design Time :  wedding indianapolis invitations stationery Ii Emil ii_emil
Photo via Impressed Inc. / Invitation design by a friend of the bride

Personal image / Design by MOH Cubbie

Thankfully, MOH Cubbie is leaps and bounds ahead of us in terms of design and made her own version of our invitation, featuring our wedding colors. As soon as we saw it, we were hooked! So without any more delays, here are our invitations!





What do you think of the color scheme!? We're thrilled with how they turned out; and we can't thank MOH Cubbie enough for lending her excellent design services to us for the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment