Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Make Me Pretty: The Trial

Y'all, like I mentioned in my last post, there's a hodge podge of things coming at you - so much has happened in the past few weeks, time is flying by, and things are getting checked off the list so quickly that I can't keep up! (Which is definitely a good thing. ;))

I was going for Miley makeup - something pretty neutral and a little smokey on the eyes, but with big, big lashes. You see, I'm a bad example of how to wear makeup because while I wash my face daily, I don't take my mascara off until the last possible day that it looks acceptable. I like my eyelashes to be super big, and since I have zero skills in applying makeup, false lashes aren't in my future.

Photo via Fanpop / Miley's Oscar 2010 look (I'm crazy obsessed with that Jenny Packham dress!)

So with all that said, here's the before and after! (I'd like to point out that my eyes were NOT supposed to be closed, but Momma Otter took the photo and didn't think to alert me to the fact that I closed my eyes. Sigh.)

Personal photo / Talk about a confidence boost!

And more about the vendor, because I can't say enough good things about them! For makeup, I booked EyeMAX, a hair and makeup boutique that's rapidly growing - they actually just opened their second studio in downtown Indianapolis. I read some reviews about them, all good, and decided to call and book the trial for sooner rather than later. I decided on just a random Saturday, which was perfect because it allowed Momma Otter to come along. 

My makeup artist is named Jillian, and she was amazing to work with. She took the photos and basically duplicated them... just on my face. Momma Otter kept making all these comments throughout the process, and when I finally got to see my face I totally understood why. That before and after is crazy! 

Personal photos / And this is 12 hours later... Still looking great!

My only complaint? I don't like having anything on my lips, so I need to get adjusted to that prior to the big day if I'm sticking with a gloss. If not, we'll just change the lip - easy fix! 

If you're an Indy bride and looking for a makeup artist, you definitely need to consider EyeMAX; they're well worth it. In fact, I'll be going back with Best Friend J the day of my bachelorette party and I can't wait!

Oh and just a fun fact: I totally wore those falsies for at least four days. I know, I know - bad habit. But they still looked awesome! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment