Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Otter Invitations: The Inspiration

After sending our STDs, it was time to move on to the invitations. Early on, I had a few favorite bits and pieces from invitations but nothing that felt just right to purchase (or even create) as a full set. Everything was beautiful, but just not quite "us."

Photo via The Knot / Photography by Allyson Magda Photography / Invitation by Hello!Lucky
I love that these invitations featured the font Strangelove (a favorite font of mine) and the wrap around mailing labels.

Photo via Style Unveiled / Photography by KIM+PHIL Photography / Invitation by Paper Bloom
I love the RSVP cards from this invitation set! I would much rather send something fun like this (and leave space for a little note from friends and family) than send the "yes" or "no" options.

Regatta Wedding Invitations by Oscar & Emma
Regatta Wedding Invitations by Oscar & Emma From Minted Paper Goods via Lover.ly
This invitation grabbed my attention because of the anchor, something that I love and really wanted to incorporate into our wedding - especially the paper goods.

So while that left us with a lot of inspiration and bits and pieces to use, it really didn't leave us with a set idea of okay, let's work off of this design. Off to Pinterest I went, where I hoped to find something that would allow me to incorporate all these different pieces into one invitation. 

I did find something there... but first, what do you think of the few items we planned to incorporate?

No comments:

Post a Comment