Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I love ink, yes I do!

Fun fact: I cheered from grades three to... senior year, so I can make anything into a cheer. (See how that rhymed!? Cheer material, right there.)

Anyway, let me reintroduce myself: I'm Miss Otter, tattoo lover.

Image via someecards

I have... a lot. Enough that if I try to count, I may forget one for a second. So let's just say I have a lot. Some visible, some not. The visible ones on the big day will include: my wrists, which are both the handwriting of my deceased best friend, "radiate love" on my arm, and potentially (depending on my choice of jewelry) the blackbird on my finger. I also have one behind each ear and one on my neck that my sneak out, but since I'm wearing my hair down, that's up in the air.

Mrs. Fox is also a tattoo advocate and was a tattooed bride. And I couldn't agree more with the words she shared about her own tattoos and why she chose not to cover them on the big day:
"The way I see it, if I didn’t like my tattoos and/or thought I should cover them up at the wedding? Well, shame on me, because I shouldn’t have gotten them in the first place. Now of course this is a personal decision, but in my mind? They are a part of me and a part of the way I “express myself”—it’s only natural that they will be out in proud display."
I got each of my tattoos for a reason. They each have a story. They each mean something to me - something I care about enough to permanently have it on my body. So for that reason, covering them was never a question. In fact, one tattoo (to be revealed here after the wedding) will be photographed as part of our must have shot list. It means that much.

Some have asked if I'll regret having them in my photos, and with that, I share this photo.

Image via B. Moore Events / Photography by Priscila Valentina

Her tattoo, while stunning, wasn't even the thing that caught my eye! It was her smile that caught my eye, then I noticed the tattoo. And I love it. I love that she didn't cover it and that it stands out. In fact, if you continue browsing those photos, you'll notice that wasn't the only one showing. And I don't think it takes away a single thing from the photos. She looks stunning, and the tattoos caught my eye after she did. I think that's what matters most.

Now, I know tattoos aren't for everyone, and that even some brides who love theirs still choose to cover them. If you have tattoos and are covering them, what made you decide to go that route?

No comments:

Post a Comment