Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Otterly in Love: We Pose

Hive, I love taking photos. Put me on either side of the camera and I'm happy as a clam. So after the first look, which was almost entirely candid shots of us just talking and rejoicing in the fact that the wedding day had finally arrived, we started posing for our portraits. About halfway through, the wedding party members started showing up, so they got to watch as we posed.

I, being the shameless photo lover that I am, was not at all concerned. Watch away folks! Mr. O, on the other hand was freezing and doesn't like having his photo taken, so it was a bit less fun for him. (But on that note: he loved wearing that tux, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't complaining too much. ;))

(All photos by Stacy Able Photography.) 

My something blue: from MOH Cubs, a dragonfly to represent my deceased best friend, Kir.


Contrary to popular belief amongst friends, family, and coworkers - nobody is holding my veil! It was chilly out, and very windy, so as I stood facing the wind, it picked up my veil giving us this beauty of a photo. :) 

And on that note: let's talk weather for a moment, folks. Indiana is unpredictable. I mean, just take our rehearsal day - it was sleeting and most of the main roads were closed. Given that it was the end of April, we anticipated some rain, but we didn't anticipate how cold it would be. Throughout the day I kept telling everyone to think warm thoughts, because otherwise they were going to look uncomfortable in the photos. And since Stacy is such a pro, she would remind everyone to unclench fists and etc. before taking shots. 

Thankfully - the rain held off throughout the day, and once we were indoors, all was well. But (some foreshadowing) my veil did not quite make it as planned...



Another one of my favorites from the day!


A tip, for all of you who are still planning: vary your tanning routine. I prefer a certain type of tanning bed when I do go tanning, and this led to that lovely tan line you (sort of) see above.


Anybody remember my post on why I purchased a long veil? These ended up being some of our favorite shots from the entire wedding; a whole series of them already hangs on our bedroom wall!


Up next: The Otter Wedding Party

Otterly in Love: The First Look :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly Otterly In Love: I Become A Bride :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly Otterly in Love: The Guys Get Ready :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly Otterly In Love: We Exchange Gifts :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly Otterly in Love: The Girls Get Pretty :  wedding idianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly Otterly in Love: I’m Awake, Now What? :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly Otterly in Love: A Reverse Shower :  wedding bridesmaid gift indianapolis pictures recap Otterly otterly
Missed a recap? Catch up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment