Saturday, May 11, 2013

Otterly in Love: I'm Awake, Now What?

When we left off, the girls and I had finally settled in for bedtime. Anxiously awaiting the next day, I took my usual sleeping medication plus a little extra (that makes three doses of sleeping medication...) to help ensure I stayed knocked out until my alarm went off the next morning.

HA! What a joke. Instead of sleeping through the night as planned, I woke up around 4AM. So now what? I mean, I'm in a room with two of my best friends, the TV is already off, and I'm awake. And not just awake like I-took-my-meds-but-I-woke-up awake, but wide awake.

(Personal photo, clearly taken after the wedding. More on this soon!)

So I resorted to exactly what any normal anxious bride would do: tweeting, browsing Instagram, and texting my very, very soon to be husband that my stomach hurt. Because those are the very important details that I needed Mr. O to know at four in the morning the night before our wedding. (???)

Once I was out of things to browse and people to tweet, I tried to go back to sleep. I couldn't believe the rush of emotions I was feeling in that moment. The day was finally here. After 16 months of planning with a few challenges along the way, we were finally getting married. I was anxious, nervous, excited, overwhelmed, and absolutely glowing. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face or get the nervous butterflies out of my stomach. I honestly wasn't sure if I would get back to sleep or not...

Thankfully, I fell asleep again. But it wouldn't be long before my alarm went off...

Up next: The Girls Get Pretty.

Otterly in Love: A Reverse Shower :  wedding bridesmaid gift indianapolis pictures recap Otterly otterly
Missed a recap? Catch up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment