Friday, June 29, 2012

The Veil

I've mentioned before, in my talk about flowers, that I'm truly a flower child at heart. So when I think of the wedding and my headpiece, I would be lying if I didn't admit that flowery thoughts like this were absolutely considered in choosing what I would wear on my wedding day.


Something like that, with the loose braid - it definitely stood out amongst the many other options there are for a modern headpiece. But, like other little girls, I've dreamed of my wedding for a long, long time and I knew that regardless of the kind of gown I got, I wanted a veil. Not a birdcage, not a tiara, not clips - an actual veil. The next question was... what kind?

Before I did my internship at a wedding venue, I was naive enough to think that there were a variety of lengths and you could have some details around the edges, but that was about it. Oh boy, was I wrong. So imagine my head spinning when I went dress shopping and they asked what kind of veil I wanted. What length, what style, what trim - I mean, there are a lot of freakin' options. Options are a good thing, of course. But as soon as my consultant started pulling out the different styles for me, I realized I already knew exactly what I wanted.


Just like with our color scheme, a vision immediately came to mind, and my vision was this picture. I know there are a ton of them out there, but this one specifically is the one that I had in mind. I wanted a veil long enough to cover me and Mr. Otter, to get a gorgeous photo like this one. When they showed me the veil with detailing to match my dress? I was sold.

Now the question: unlike some brides, I won't be changing out of my gown at the reception. I'm in love with that bad boy and I'm going to wear it all night long... but, I may just be a two veil bride. I want one to wear during the reception, and one this long just won't do since it's so long and far too pretty to get ripped!

So what do you guys think - is two veils acceptable? Too much? Or do you agree with me that more than likely, nobody will notice the change anyway?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the idea of two veils!! I don't know if I've ever seen that before..? But it would totally give you that little extra pizazz for the reception!

    ReplyDelete