Monday, July 1, 2013

Otterly in Love: We Finally Get Married!

Hive! I've missed you! I've been a bad, bad bee - it's been almost a month since my last post! But never fear, I can assure you that I've finally gotten my little bee-hind together and I've got my recaps ready for you.

When we left off, it was finally time for the ceremony...

(And as always, these beautiful photos are by Stacy Able Photography.)


Our wonderful DJ Brett made an announcement letting guests know where to go after the ceremony, and then started the processional music that we selected for our family.




After our lovely families took their seats, the music changed, and our wedding party processed...








(Can I just point out that both here and in the guy's processional, the only person smiling is BM Blondesquared!? In hindsight, I guess I should've told everyone to smile... ;))




And with a hug, our ceremony finally began...

Who gives this woman to be married?
"Her mother and I do" Daddy Otter said.


Thank you family and friends for joining Melissa and Philip today as they celebrate their love and make it official with their vows to be husband and wife. It’s a wonderful day to gather family from near and far.


As you sign the guest book, you’ll see pictures of those who are here with us in spirit.  The grandfathers, and Melissa’s best friend Kirsten. They’d appreciate it if you take a moment to remember them in your hearts. We are sure they are here with us in spirit, watching today.



Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens. A good marriage must be created. In marriage the little things are the big things. 

It is never being too old to hold hands. It is remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day. It is never going to sleep angry. It is at no time taking the other for granted; the courtship should not end today, it should continue through all the years. It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives. It is standing together facing the world. It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family. It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. 

It is not looking for perfection in each other. It is cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humor. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is a common search for the good and the beautiful. It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal, dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal. 

It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.


At this time, I would like to invite Gregg, the father of the groom, to share a few words. FIL Otter read a short passage we had previously chosen and said a few special, very meaningful words of his owns.


After that, it was finally (finally!!) time for us to exchange our vows.

Do you Philip, take Melissa to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part? "I do." 

Do you Melissa, take Philip to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part? "I do." 



Marriage is a state in which two people come together and create a union that is greater than the sum of its parts. It is difficult to express in words the profound relationship that is love.

Since the beginning of time, the ring has been an emblem of the sincerity and permanence of a couple’s love for one another and regard for their marriage.


As the circle can begin anew at any point, so a good marriage can pick any point to renew itself. These rings are symbols of your eternal love.

Melissa, I give you this ring as a symbol of my enduring love and lifelong devotion. Wear it and know that I love you.  

Philip, I give you this ring as a symbol of my enduring love and lifelong devotion. Wear it and know that I love you.


Before I pronounce you married, I just have one more thing I want you to do. Your wedding day is one that seems to fly. It’s a day filled with emotion, friends, family, rings and dances. Many people remember how fleeting their wedding day was. So I want you to take a minute to look into each others’ eyes. Think about the happiness that you are feeling in this moment, in this place. Really let that feeling register in your heart and mind. John Lennon once said “a dream that you dream alone is only a dream, a dream that you dream together, that is a reality.” That new reality starts now.


And with that said, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!




We were finally Mr. & Mrs.! As we walked away to take a few private moments, our guests went into the reception venue for appetizers and drinks. We would join them soon...

Up next: The Reception Barn

Missed a recap? Catch up here!


Read more: http://www.weddingbee.com/2013/06/05/family-wedding-portraits-4/#ixzz2XqYWCLbD

1 comment:

  1. I am in tears.. this is so beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you, friend :)

    PS. The picture of your groom wiping away your tears?! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete