Friday, July 19, 2013

Otterly in Love: Let The Party Begin!

When we left off, Mr. O and Batman had just finished their first dance. Oh, bromances. They're something, that's for sure. After that, it was finally time to join them on the dance floor! I'm a dance person (meaning that while I love dancing anywhere and everywhere, I'm not actually good), so I was PUMPED about this part of the wedding celebration.

(All photos by Stacy Able Photography unless otherwise noted.)

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy - go Mr. O! I was shocked at how much he danced during the reception!


Look at my mini getting in on the action! What a heartbreaker. :)

When this one got out on the floor, we all moved. Girls got MOVES! She was breaking it down, and she had all of our attention!

(Guest photo) She was literally a blur! She event spent some time on the actual floor breaking it down. Go girl! :D


Fun fact: Mr. O doesn't know how to do any of the group dances. No Cha Cha Slide for him, until of course I made him join me and said "watch my feet!", which was obviously great advice since I just had a huge dress on. ;)

Momma Otter a few drinks in, having a great time!

A bit after the dance floor opened, I got the mic back to dedicate another song. Throughout the planning process, my Aunt K had done SO MUCH. There's not a gift great enough for everything she did. She's also one of our closest family members, so I knew this was a bit of a preview as to what's going to happen when my beautiful cousin gets married in the future. Her favorite man in the world (and yes, I do mean man, not just singer) is Bon Jovi. I dedicated Living On a Prayer and it was a hit!



Boys play air guitars.


Hive, I include this last photo as a cautionary tale. (And because it's funny. ;) The photo, not the story!) 

Be very specific with your vendors. Very, very specific. In order to keep the bar tab down but the fun level up, we chose to provide only our wedding party and their dates with liquor; everyone else got to enjoy free beer and wine. Of course, people ended up getting drinks and giving them out but that isn't the story. In my notes, I have that I discussed with my caterer no shots. I know that I specifically requested that because in addition to keeping the tab down, I didn't want things to get TOO out of hand. I wanted to have a fun time, but I didn't want anyone to be completely toasted. Unfortunately at some point, there was a miscommunication, and people were served shots. Lots of them. (And no, the bride and groom weren't invited to participate! That just makes me even more bitter!)

So on to part two of the story. You'll notice here that I'm drinking something red (a cranberry vodka). I was also drinking white wine. Thankfully, the white wine was what I had in my hand when a completely toasted guest spilled my entire cup on me. Yes, as in my beautiful, only-worn-for-a-few-hours wedding dress. Hive, I can admit that I almost cried. Even though it was an accident, even though it was white wine, even though I knew hoped that it would come out, I was devastated. Had those shots never been served, maybe this person would've been a bit more on the sober side... The end! Just be specific with your vendors, and choose your drink colors wisely. 

Up next: we do some traditional stuff. :)

Otterly in Love: The Surprises :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Toasts and The Dances :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Daddy Otter’s Speech :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Craving You More :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Middle Part :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: We Finally Get Married! :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 otterly02
Missed a recap? Catch up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment