Thursday, July 18, 2013

Otterly in Love: The Surprises

Hive, what do you think of when you hear "surprise"? I generally become terrified. I'm not a big surprise fan. I'm way too OCD for that, and I definitely don't like going with the flow, I like my plans and structure. But of course, one of my families favorite things to do is mess with me and my structure. 

So in they marched...


Wearing their proudest expressions, and striking their finest poses...


Wearing freaking CAMO. CAMO. AT THE WEDDING. I'm not sure at exactly which moment they lost their minds, but they clearly did. Don't get me wrong - if camo is your thing, go for it! Camo, however, is not my thing on the day of my wedding. 

The best way to make them crazy? Don't care. So that's exactly what I did. (Or rather, what I didn't...)


Daddy Otter looking so smug in his outfit. Sigh.

Right before we really opened up the dance floor, I asked everyone to gather round. (And by asked, I mean I forcefully yanked as many people as possible to the dance floor.) Throughout the planning process, Mr. O and Batman had been declaring that they were having their own first dance. If I get one, why doesn't Batman!? I was asked this so many times that I finally gave in and did it. Just without telling them first. ;)

Look at them, standing there, having NO CLUE what is about to happen. And yes, I have a mic.

Momma Otter mostly cares about her beer, but looks confused about what I'm doing with a mic.

And then, the DJ hit their song and off they went. You think they would be at least a little bashful but these two? Nope! They went for it. Their song? Umbrella by Rhianna.







They were triumphant. They had their song and dance and were clearly proud of themselves. With the surprises out of the way, it was time for the dance floor to finally open up to everyone!

Otterly in Love: The Toasts and The Dances :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Daddy Otter’s Speech :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Craving You More :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Middle Part :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: We Finally Get Married! :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 otterly02
Missed a recap? Catch up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment