Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Otterly in Love: Some Traditional Stuff

When we left off, the dance floor was open, the party had started, and it was time for us to do some traditional stuff like cut the cake and toss things at people. (It sounds funnier that way, doesn't it?) 

Throughout the planning process, I refused to have a wedding cake. After coordinating so many weddings, I knew the fate of the cake would be death. For whatever reason, people in Indiana generally just don't eat wedding cake. Cupcakes, however, they jump all over. So cupcakes to the rescue! We had a small, pumpkin flavored cutting cake along with a variety of cupcake flavors (including chai!). They were SO GOOD, and we only took a box home (that we had previously asked to have set aside). 

(All photos by the lovely and uber-talented Stacy Able Photography.)



Let's also get real here, hive - I was not having the whole cake smash in face thing happen. We paid too much for hair and makeup (and had photos left to take!) to have it get ruined by a bite of cake. I repeatedly reminded Mr. O about this, but I think the next photo describes exactly what people expected to happen...


But alas! He didn't do it! There was no cake smashing! But the look on his face seemed like he thought I may actually still go through with my threats to do it to him...


I didn't smash it in his face... for the first bite. The second one? Yes, I smashed. It was a smash and run! What can I say? I was feeling rebellious, so I did it, and then ran for my own safety. I'm a chicken, but at least I didn't have pumpkin cake on my dress!

After we ate some cake, we made our way over to the dance floor to do some tossing. As I talked about earlier, we had decided on no garter removal (my polite way to say that I refused!), so we had the garter and toss flowers at the ready when it was go time.


Do you see this face, the withdrawn hands, the "OMG DON'T MAKE ME CATCH THIS THING" that our friend L is doing here? Her boyfriend is GM Billygoat, and Mr. O and I planned basically from the moment we met L for the two of them to be next in line. I think that she might've gotten wind of it considering how she acted when I aimed the bouquet her way...

Look at Billygoat, he knew our plan and was prepared to make the catch, but...

...K beat him to it and caught the garter! (And please note Daddy Otter's outfit...)

FINALLY! The garter had made it into the hands of our intended victim victor.

Otterly in Love: Let The Party Begin! :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Surprises :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Toasts and The Dances :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Daddy Otter’s Speech :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Craving You More :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Middle Part :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: We Finally Get Married! :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 otterly02
Missed a recap? Catch up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment