Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Otterly in Love: Craving You More

When we left off, Mr. O and I were hamming it up as we entered the venue:

Hey, being announced as Mr. and Mrs. Otter for the very first time will do that to a girl! ;)

After I took a quick second to put down my flowers, it was time for our first dance as husband and wife. We decided to do this first primarily because poor Mr. O was super nervous about it. He doesn't love attention and with the day already being all about us, he was a little weary of having to be in the spotlight dancing not once but twice that night. 

Press play and dance (in your chair) along with us to Ed Sheeran's "Give Me Love".
Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran on Grooveshark


If y'all remember following along with my planning posts, I never really touched on music. I wanted it to be a surprise for our guests, but I'm going to keep it real here and tell you that I also wanted it kept secret from a few family members and acquaintances planning their own weddings. Just being honest! We hold this song near and dear to our hearts, so the thought of someone else using it within days of our wedding really bothered me. I know we had a lot of the stereotypical things you see at weddings these days - peonies, mason jars, a sparkler exit - but the first dance song was one thing I wanted to have be unique to us.

Thankfully, if you listen to the lyrics, the song doesn't really make sense as a first dance song. If you watch the music video, it makes even less sense. I was pretty confident that nobody else would use it, but it was still one of the few things I kept secret.

The view looking down from upstairs.


We practiced, but we were definitely not pros. That combined with some serious joy made for lots of laughs and "stop talking, we need photos!" during our first dance.


After we finished dancing, it was time for toasting...

Otterly in Love: The Middle Part :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: We Finally Get Married! :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 otterly02
Missed a recap? Catch up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment