Monday, March 4, 2013

Warning: Bachelorette party photos ahead...

Hive! I'm back! I've been lurking during my absence, but I'm happy to report that I'm back and ready to update you all on what's been going on during my absence. :)

For a few quick updates... We're under 50 days. 50 days. That is unreal to us. It seems as though we've been planning forever (since November of 2011), and while that's actually a relatively short amount of time, hitting 100 days was a shock, so hitting 50 just seems unreal! As far as the planning goes - we're done, totally, which is great! We've just got final meetings here and there over the next month or so to make sure we're all on the same page. I'm also happy to report that we only owe payment to FOUR vendors. I'm really thrilled about that part because, as anyone who has planned a wedding big OR small, it's nice to be done paying everyone!

That's just a quick update, but now it's time for the fun stuff. :)

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to have all of my best friends in one place to celebrate my bachelorette party! MOH Cubbie did a great job of planning the night (and she managed to sneak in a few surprises!) and we had a fantastic time. Get ready - I had a hard time choosing favorite photos. ;) (And ps: yes, these photos are ALL safe for work!)

First, MOH Cubbie surprised me with a great theme - Sex and the City! You see, I had requested that everyone wear black so I could wear white but I had no idea what her plan was, so my first surprise was the invitation when it arrived in the mail...
(Design by MOH Cubbie - Etsy store coming soon!)

Now, before I tell you about the night, let me tell you a cautionary tale. We had planned to have dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory because it was just one block from the hotel the girls and I would be staying at that evening. (The bar was about half a block, so short walks all around yay!) Unfortunately, when we called to make our reservation, we were told it was already full for the night. To say I freaked out a little would be minor; I was panicked! Thankfully, it wasn't a huge amount of people, so we found a similar restaurant  and they took our party without a hitch.

Photos! Photos galore!

We started the evening with some delicious drinks!

(And of course I used one of those drinks for a theme-matching photo!)

(With my family; from L to R we have Momma Otter, cute cousin R, Aunt K, and the mammy)

(The full wedding party, all in one place! From L to R; BM Blondesquared, FSIL T, BM J, myself, BM Jen, and MOH Cubbie)

Then it was time for my next surprise...

(I think this was MOH Cubbie's face of "I know you're about to lose your $H!T in public")

 (At this point, I demanded that BM Blondesquared stop taking photos of me :))

You guys, the surprise was amazing - so thoughtful and sweet of everyone! MOH Cubbie had gathered photos and letters from everyone that had been invited and put them together in the book for me. I lost it immediately and proceeded to get even more worked up when I got to the pages made my momma Otter and the mammy. 

(The mammy using her cupcake wrap as a tiara, I joined in!)

After dinner (and a very chilly walk to the car - snow and 21 degrees!), we headed downtown to our hotel for the evening. I have to tell you, I've never appreciated a valet more! We were freezing, and had a lot of stuff, so it was nice to just let someone else handle things while we ran inside. Let the shenanigans begin!

 (As you can tell, we weren't that good at being serious for the Bridesmaids cover pose...)


At the hotel, we had a few games to play, and almost immediately, I started dancing. For anyone who knows me well, they will tell you this is the one and only reason I enjoy going out - I love to dance and sing and act like I'm really good at it. I'm not. ;) 


Another tip: choose your bar wisely! We went to a bar in Indy called Bartini's, but it's attached to Cadillac Ranch. After one shot at Bartini's, we went over to Cadillac Ranch because I'm a huge country fan. They played a great variety of country and other popular music, so it worked out great for all of us!





I also managed to run into another bride at one point during the evening...

(A new favorite photo of MOH Cubbie + I :))

All of us together, towards the beginning of the evening. ;)

The before and after, courtesy of MOH Cubbie + BM Blondesquared!

That night at the hotel, we ordered pizza around 3AM. Only Cubbie, Blondesquared, and I made it long enough to eat it but hive, let me tell you - it was probably the best pizza I've ever had. 

The next morning came all too soon, but before we took Cubs back to the airport, we went to Roy's for quesadillas and their legendary long islands. Yum! 

This post has gotten so long with all the photos! But hopefully you all can see what a great time we had out together. :)

What's your favorite memory from YOUR bachelorette party? I can't wait to read them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment