Monday, March 25, 2013

The Otter bridal shower!


Less than one month until the wedding, and today in Indiana, there is (roughly) 6 inches of snow on the ground. Really, Indiana? To say I've started freaking out a little about the weather is an understatement. I know I can't control it, and I maintain that I'm fine either way, but really - this weather dilemma is starting to stress me out.

Moving on to the fun stuff - my bridal shower was this weekend! I can't believe that it has already come and gone; after all, it feels like the bachelorette party was just a weekend ago - not a full month (and a little extra) ago.

My two aunts hosted the shower for me and it was really a fun time. :)



They had two games planned, one was matching famous couples (which was totally skewed, I swear, because my whole table failed totally!) and the second was one I haven't seen before: guess what's in the bag. My aunt accumulated items from her kitchen and stored them overnight in a tin with perfume to make it harder to determine what the items were by just smelling them. Seriously, y'all!? I don't cook, so to say I failed at this game is an understatement.




Another quick game was find the groom! It was especially hilarious seeing who everyone else got. BM Blondesquared got Jon Bon Jovi and had no clue who he was, which was especially funny because my Aunt K is obsessed with him.


As soon as games ended, we dug in to the AMAZING food (it went fast!) and opened some gifts. I still maintain that opening gifts in front of a group is strange. I don't mind attention typically, but when I'm opening gifts I feel like the pressure is on! It was sweet of everyone to think of us. :)



As most of you know, my best friend Kir passed away in high school. A got me these sweet duckies to add to my collection and I couldn't have been any more surprised! They're perfect, and one of the few duck varieties that I don't yet own.


After gifts, we mingled, ate more food, and proceeded to have a giant photo session. I mean, there was a blank wall, and between myself and BM Blondesquared, there was no way we were passing it up! Here are a few of my favorites:

{ these girls keep me sane, I swear! }

{ BM Blondesquared }

{ BM jbay }

{ jenzo - pow pow pow! }

{ traditional cousins/BFF pose }

{ all the ladies }

{ my momma and her coworkers }

{ momma }

{ momma, FMIL, and FSIL }

{ momma, cousin/BFF R, and Aunt K }

No comments:

Post a Comment