Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wedding Day Makeup

Under 200 days to go... WHAT!? This is beyond crazy to me - especially since Halloween, Thanksgiving, my and my FMIL's birthday (which is the same day, fun fact!), Christmas, and NYE all fall into the next few months. I feel like once the holiday season gets going, we'll be putting some of the wedding tasks on the back burner, so I better get in gear now!

While I've already secured my hair stylist (my lovely aunt, who you will be hearing about along with my hair inspiration!), I have yet to secure makeup for myself and the girls. My fear with the makeup is that I book a makeup artist, and then have my trial, and it isn't exactly what I want. Now, of course this is the point behind a trial, but booking a vendor without seeing their work actually on my face makes me nervous.

Oh and also... I can't do makeup. At all.

The lovely makeup that you see in my engagement photos was done by one of my very favorite people in the whole entire world, Jenna.
All that magic? Not me at all. I applied my foundation. That's it. Jenna did everything else, and thank goodness, because quite frankly when I attempt to do my own eye makeup, I look like a two year old playing in mommy's bathroom. (And that's a nicer version of how I usually describe my makeup skills.)

And it's not for lack of trying! I own the Naked palate, I own brushes. I just have no idea what to do with them. So my every day look is Bare Minerals foundation, concealer where I need it, and heavy heavy heavy mascara. I have anywhere between 8-11 bottles in my makeup bag. I LOVE IT!

So what do you get when you combine my idol (and yes, I'm being serious!) and lots of eyelashes? My wedding makeup inspiration!

Image via VijatMohindra / Photo by Vijat Mohindra

So what I'm looking for is basically - airbrushed foundation, brown/bronze eye makeup, and lots and lots of lashes! I have a few candidates in mind, but like I said, it's hard to decide without actually having the makeup trial.

Brides and brides-to-be: did you make your decision on who to book before you did your trial or after?

No comments:

Post a Comment