Tuesday, December 11, 2012

THEY'RE HERE!

Okay, so there are things I should talk about. Like how I've been MIA, or how life has been busy blah blah blah but really when I have something cute to share I'm all about sharing so here they are - the little Mr. and (almost) Mrs. Otter cake toppers!




While all personal photos, I obviously cannot take credit for these amazing little otters. These otters were handmade by Maria, her Etsy store is called HeartShapedCreations. They traveled all the way from Maria in Greece to me here in Indiana, and managed to survive the shipping mess that came along with the devastating flooding from Sandy.

I can't tell you bees how absolutely IN LOVE I am with these little guys. Maria was wonderful to work with - I found a Mr. Otter in her store, and sent a message asking for a Mrs. Otter to match. From there I had a few different options to choose from. Mr. Otter, for example, wanted a top hat on his clay counterpart. (I squashed that one since, you know, he isn't ACTUALLY wearing a top hat...) I also chose to have the veil for Mrs. Otter, and to have the blush pink incorporated in the flowers and tie.

Even after getting them, photographing them, and showing them to anyone who will look at them, I can't believe how wonderfully they turned out! These little guys are going to sit on top of our cake (which I have yet to talk about... coming soon, hopefully) and then get a new home in a shadowbox so they're permanently displayed in our home.

I think the reason I chose Otters is obvious, but some asked why not choose our favorite animals instead. Simply enough, I wanted to incorporate the Bee into the wedding festivities! Blogging for the bee, being on the boards, and interacting with so many amazing people has been wonderful (and okay, maybe has kept me mostly sane throughout planning), so I couldn't imagine NOT incorporating the Otter in some way. :)

What do you think of them!?

No comments:

Post a Comment