Monday, October 21, 2013

The Otters Do Chicago: Part 2

Hive, I've missed you! I know, I know, I keep saying that and then I disappear for a really long time but this time I'm back and I'm finishing my recaps. 

For those of you who may not have met me yet, hello! I'm Mrs. Otter, and I got married six months ago on a chilly - but beautiful! - April day. I've actually blogged almost all of our recaps, but life comes up and gets in the way so I've never quite finished. Since we celebrated our six month wedding anniversary over the weekend (where has the time gone!?), I wanted to come back and finally finish the posts I have for you. 

(Photo by the wonderful Stacy Able Photography.)

To jump in right where I left off: we were on our mini-moon in Chicago, and we spent our two days there being as tourist-y as possible. Even though we live in Indiana, I had never been to Chicago and Mr. Otter had only been once, so it was time for us to explore our way through the city. One of our first stops was Garrett's Popcorn. I eat a lot of popcorn, so it had been recommended to me several times leading up to our trip and it definitely did not disappoint! 



After that we walked our way over to The Bean, even though Mr. Otter had NO IDEA what I was talking about! If I remember correctly, he recognized it when he saw it, but walking over there he didn't know why I just had so go see this bean thing.


(Not knowing what it was probably made it sound very weird when I said that we were going to lay on the ground to take a photo... oops!)

That night we went back and relaxed at our hotel, ordered dinner in, and just relaxed. We had implemented a no cell phone policy (only a text to say we'd arrived there), and stayed pretty true to that with no texting, tweeting, or Instagram-ing throughout our little mini-moon. It was so nice to just be together with no cell phones interrupting, and it really helped us enjoy the short time we were in Chicago.

Day two was spent doing more tourist things, and lots of shopping, of course!





(My best friend, Kir, who passed away in high school loved rubber duckies, so whenever we see them, I try to purchase twin ducks - one for me, and one to leave at her cross. I had a hard time choosing in Chicago!)





The mini-moon was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect trip for us because it had just the right balance of relaxing and going out to do things. Mr. O would get very, very bored laying on a beach all day but that would be just fine with me, so this was a great compromise for us. If you're planning a trip to Chicago and looking to stay somewhere really nice, I wholeheartedly recommend the Waldorf Astoria! It was a great location and a beautiful place to stay.


Coming up next: how I changed my name in 96 hours. (Yes, seriously.)

Otterly in Love: The Sparkler Send-Off :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Last Songs :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Stand Very, Very Still :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Girls Steal the Show :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: We Snuck Off :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Some Traditional Stuff :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Let The Party Begin! :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Surprises :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Toasts and The Dances :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Daddy Otter’s Speech :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: Craving You More :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: The Middle Part :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 Otterly in Love: We Finally Get Married! :  wedding indianapolis pictures pro pics recap Otterly02 otterly02
Missed a recap? Catch up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment